A List Of Inspiring Argumentative Essay Topic Questions
Sometimes students have trouble coming up with argumentative essay topic questions that are unique and inspiring and struggle to write compelling papers deserving of a good grade. And as you may already know, having a great topic to write about can certainly make a big difference in the quality of work. That’s why we put this list together of 10 really good argumentative essay topic questions worth considering for your assignment:
- Despite the fact that in the U.S. spending on foreign aid amounts to about .1% of the GNP, it still adds up to billions of dollars each year. Do you think this is too much or should the U.S spend even more?
- Many are of the opinion that high school students in the U.S. aren’t learning enough to help them become productive members of society. Do you think educational standards should be raised?
- What do you think about the notion that the U.S. has not invested nearly as much time and money on space exploration and that it should make it a priority in the next decade above other forms of spending?
- Some animal rights activists feel that people who fish for sport – where participants return the fish to water after catching it – are cruel and bring fish unnecessary pain and injury. What case can you make for or against this?
- Do you agree with the popular sentiments “what you don’t know can’t hurt you” and “ignorance is bliss”? Why or why not?
- If a school alumnus made a large donation to your school, what do you think the money should be spent on?
- Do you think the television and movie rating systems are effective or useful in help viewers determine whether something is appropriate to watch? Give specific reasons supporting your position on this topic.
- There is a popular believe that American society is too competitive. Do you agree with this belief and is it a good or bad thing? Provide specific examples and reasons supporting your answer.
- As a means of saving money for your school, the principal is considering cancelling school field trips for the remainder of the year. How would you go about convincing him or her that his is a bad idea?
- A lot of students are in the habit of getting behind a cause. Is there something you feel passionate about and would like others to support?